Sunday, May 6, 2012

Herb Garden




 






Recently while yard sale-ing (too many of my sentences begin this way), I bought these three unintentionally matching kitchen items; a little blue bundt pan, a speckled blue saucer, and a nifty teacup.  

Really, the only sensible thing to do was to glue all three things together and plant herbs in there. So I did.








In the above pictures you can see that I first put down a layer of sphagnum moss, then some rocks (both for drainage), and then some potting soil. 

I planted chives, dill, cilantro, and lavender. 



Three for eats, one for smells.





Then I watered everything and wrapped it up with plastic wrap. This creates a nice little greenhouse for the first period while everything is germinating. Nothing to do but sit back and wait for the herb magic.




So warm and dirty in here.
 

Everything is growing nicely. Soon these herbs will be making my food yummier.


That eyebrow says, "I'm not actually supposed to be in this picture, am I?"

 
Speaking of food, check out my veggie garden made out of dumpster "two-ba-furs" and lashed to my balcony railing 


Happy Happy Summertime!



That's it! I wish good growing to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment